Build a Team Brand with Awesome Logo Design
Is your netball or basketball uniform logo adding to poor brand experience, turning away members and possibly increasing your costs through poor design that does not consider how it’s applied to your apparel?
It’s true many people choose things on price alone and don’t consider the long term value of a great, easy to produce logo design as part of your brand.
Your team logo design and uniform design are critical aspects of your brand, but the ease of decoration, limitations and suitability for the different decoration methods, is what determines how much your logo application costs you.
C2C founder John Davidson with 50 years experience in the apparel decoration and manufacturing industry gives his priceless advice for free! It can save you money, attract and retain members!
Technology has revolutionized design and decoration options. What looks great on a device, also needs to be easily reproduced in varying quantity and size on your netball uniform, basketball uniform, soccer jersey, polo shirts, caps, socks and tracksuits.
You don’t need to pay $1000’s for a style guide, but you do need to consider different applications.
You should ask your designer to provide options that consider what uses apply to you. The below will help you identify and communicate with your designer and sportswear supplier.
Timeless recognizable logos are with few exceptions simple, have minimum colours and easily applied on 95% and our tip to you is less is more. Here’s a few we like!
Disclaimer: Please note we are not the owners of these amazing trade marks.
|Font Size Minimum||1cm Bold||You can easily read it from 3m away and it suits 80% of decoration methods|
|Text Amount||3 Words & Abbreviations||3 words is simple. Use abbreviations or acronyms that are easy to understand. NY or NC etc|
|Logo Colours||Have a 1 colour version & Maximum 3 colours||Home/Away/Highlight.|
Flat or Spot Colour versions are critical.
Gradient is for digital only.
|Word Mark||Text Only||Sometimes you need just text only, use a standard font if possible, there are millions.|
|Symbol & Mascot||Non Text Only||1 or 2 Elements. Sport & Map, Skull & Football, Bull head & Basketball|
|Logo Shape Options||Square|
|Cover these 3 orientations and 80% of your needs are covered, the other 20% is too costly to worry about.|
|Application Purpose||Jerseys or Socks or on Metal?||Can it be used on items you will need?|
|Application Quantity||1 or 100?||If there is 50 in your club and will you be accepting 5 new members mid season?|
Where your logo is to be applied is critical. What works on websites and paper, doesn’t work with say embroidery or screen printing as the setup costs to decorate can be large.
For example, long names (landscape) are great as a banner on websites and letterheads but do not work in concise logos for a 8cm x 8cm breast position and your web designer does not make your garments.
Decoration Limitations & Recommendations
|Tips||Cut / Digitally Printed Film||Embroidery||Screen Print||Applique embroidery||Sublimation|
|Font Size minimum||2cm||1cm||.5cm||5cm – 30cm||.5cm|
|Suitable Order Volume||1+||1+||50+||25+||1+|
|Cost per Logo||Per sq cm – medium cost||Per 1000 stitches – high setup cost & per||Per colour and placement. High setup, low print||Per 1000 stitches + base fabric||None|
|Minimum Quantity||1+||10||50+ per colour||25+||1+|
A logo is one of many reflective elements of branding and how consumers value or remember their experiences.
C2C Sport are 30 year experts with significant commercial experience in apparel design and supply to deliver great memories for fans and participants.