Play Safe to Stay Safe During the Pandemic
- by Jane Victoria
After several months of sports shutdown and other activities, now we’re finally seeing a ray of sunshine that some players are getting back on the pitch again!
As your club gets ready to recommence training and competitions, Coast 2 Coast Sports would like to remind everyone to #PlaySafe at all times to minimise the risk and protect not only yourself but more so, your team members and loved ones at home.
Though you already have read some of the below before, a little reminder won’t hurt, right? If you’re a parent, giving a constant reminder to your kids whilst playing their fave sport goes a long way too.
- If you’re feeling unwell or sick, STAY AT HOME
- Bring Your Own equipment like gloves, bat, netball bib and even drinking bottle
- Bring a mask and hand sanitiser
- No spectators unless required or limit to 1 parent or carer only if the child still needs adult supervision
- Avoid carpools or bus travel with people from different household groups
- Activities that require an overnight stay are not allowed ( e.g multi-training camps)
- Say no to face-to-face activities related to community sport (e.g post-training group dinners and other social gatherings)
Whilst on the court
- In between training, observe 1.5m distance
- No shaking of hands, high fives, fist bumps or hugs
- Focus on non-contact drills like dribbling and strength training
- Minimise co-mingling with players during a break
- Always observe the ‘Get in, Train, and Get Out’ policy
- Eat at home, take a shower and do your recovery or stretching at home
- Clean your personal equipment right after use
- Avoid using communal facilities if possible ( e.g shower rooms, changing rooms)
- Wash your hands before and after training. If soap and water are not available, use at least 70% alcohol to sanitise
- Leave immediately after the game or training to limit contact
Print this Infographic
We put together all these handy reminders so you can print and put it in your training area, locker room, or anywhere to keep you reminded.
Just download, print and you’re ready to go!
Your safety matters to us.
We offer COVID essential safety products that are TGA compliant and approved to use by consumers and in the medical field.
Check out our products at C2C Safety
Connect Your Tribe
Staying connected with your community is really important during these challenging times.
We would love to show you a simple but very powerful thing we did for the City Limits Basketball club that helped them connect with their members. Find out more HERE
Other helpful resources: